Hunh??? Why? How will you possible gain weight on your 1853 hour flight? No, I don't believe it.
I won't be putting on the pounds in the air. I'll be putting them on beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeecause, I'm going to Italy!!!!!!!!!!
OOOOOOOOOOooooo. Way Pumped.
I'm meeting my mother in ROME on the seventh of March. Oh my baby jesus this is exciting news. I'm gonna say this having never been anywhere in Europe, but Italia really speaks to me. I can feel it all the way from Thailand, just calling out my name. I know the two of us are going to have a solid, mutually beneficial relationship. And I cannot flippin' wait.
It just has everything I could ever desire all bundled into one sweet little, boot-shaped package deal. The list goes: architecture, landscape and history. So psyched. Plussss, and oh my gosh what a plus. THE FOOD! I'm so all over it.
We will be there almost three weeks. Ahhh-freakin-mazing. I am thrilled at my mom's openness and willingness to try new things. We are tentatively planning Rome --> Florence --> Venice --> Sicily, all by public transport. But we're open, not putting any plans on the lock-down, which is obviously the best way to travel (my opinion, yes; but in this case, also fact). If we want to stay somewhere longer, then we stay. Easy peasy.
Also exciting, I am flying Singapore Air. Baller status right there, as it is only one of the six 5-star airlines in the entire world (Asiana, my other 5-star experience, came equipped with cashmere blankets and a steak dinner. Ahhhh, que magnifique). And, I get a layover in Singapore itself, which is sweet sauce. As a city, it seems too clean, straight-laced and without culture to warrant an entire trip, but I am just tickled pink to have the time to grab a bite, a tiger beer, and stroll about a bit. Perfect. And just maybe, that city will prove me wrong. You never know. I promise to keep an open mind.
From Rome back to Big Tex, my mom and I scored tix on the same flight. Again, sweet sauce. We'll be flying British Airways (4-star) with a stop-over in London just long enough to ride into the city and grab some grub. For us, we truly have the ideal air-travel plan (unless of course they could get us home in 2 hours, a definite trump card), not to mention the ideal regular-travel plan. We are makin' it happen.
I'ma take you back up top here for a sec and discuss my weight. I love Thailand, but it does a number on my health. It's too hot, and the food is too spicy. I can't eat properly (because I don't have enough cheese products. Obvs...), and I cannot seem to maintain a normal weight. I don't really see it, and I haven't stepped on a scale since I've been here, but the pants I had altered in November are again much too big. This is one of the few downsides of my life here, but I haven't been able to get it under control. Italia and Foood Food Food Food Fooooood will be soooooo good for me. I cannot CANNOT wait.
Woooohooo! You'll have so much fun in Italy! The food! Ahh The Food! It is AMAZING! I remember sitting down to eat, they brought me the best minestrone soup I have EVER had, and I was like great little appetizer, then they brought me spaghetti, and I thought, YUM Spaghetti for Dinner! WRONG that too was only an appetizer! I ate soo much there! Oh yeah.. the historical aspect is pretty cool too :)
ReplyDeleteYeah, I am sooo excited, and hearing things like this just makes me even more pumped up about it. 2 weeks!!!!!! When were you there and how long did you stay?? I saw your Thailand stuff btw, and really enjoyed looking through it. How did the family react to your Thai hospital visit? Hope not too badly ;)
ReplyDelete