Woah there. What the friggity frik? No shower? No bathroom?
Yeah, it's true. From 10 pm Friday night to 11 pm Sunday, there was no shower for me, and I used a bathroom only twice (I apologize if this level of personal information is too much for you, I'm really hoping you can handle it). And no, I didn't drink a lot. Not more than a bottle of water the entire weekend. Honest. Dad, please don't kill me for this confession, most of the time I am very good!!! But I mean, it's no wonder living in Thailand has messed up my body, as these habits are clearly unhealthy. Regardless, when I need to, I just shut it down over here.
I have done so for long-term bus rides and international flights on several occasions, but my reasons this weekend were a little different. For starters, there were 60 people sharing four bathrooms, and in any country that would be enough to deter me from use if at all possible. Buuttttttt here, the shower and commode occupy the same space, making it a double whammy. These stalls were small, too. Teeny tiny (maybe 3 ft x 3 ft)! The shower head was directly over the toilet, and that just wasn't going to cut it for me. So I skipped the process entirely. I swam in the river twice, and both times someone pointed me, along with everyone else, in the direction of a shower afterwards. I of course nodded politely as though I were headed that way, but instead breezed stealthy past hoping no one would be the wiser.
After two river swims and no A/C, it's kind of hard to look your finest, and I am pretty sure they were on to my game. My rockin' hair style that managed to stay in place without any assistance from a rubber band, bumpit, scrunchie or anything else of equal cool-point status was a definite clue.
I imagine their personal dialogue while looking me over was something along the lines of, What is this farang thinking? There are showers available. Does she realize? She would feel so much better if she was clean. Look at her hair, it would be so much prettier.
While my internal monologue, on the other hand, went more like I can't believe she is going to shower, again. Doesn't she feel disgusting walking in there after so many people have used it??! And it is impossible to stand without touching the commode. G-ross, lady. Just wait a day.
In this situation, looks like we are just going to have to agree to disagree.
I'm with you. Shower TOTALLY would've taken the back-burner. On the otherhand, you only went to the bathroom TWICE???? How is this possible? Weren't you drinking? I don't know dude, sometimes when you gotta go, you gotta go.
ReplyDeletehaha, yeah. only twice, but i hardly drank anything. i know it's bad for me, but i started doing it on my international flights, and when i know i can't use the bathroom (or won't), i can just shut my system down for the most part. terrible, but using those toilets just seemed so gross...
ReplyDelete