Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Whoopsie Daisy...

Yeah, this is pretty Thailand. I don't want to bore you with the details so I'll keep it to the point as much as possible, but you're going to have to suffer through a bit. Bear with me.

I work for a company, let's call it MK. MK places teachers in schools; the school pays the company and the company pays us. You get it. 

Our school decided they no longer wanted to work with MK, which means that even if we wanted to, we couldn't come back. Ahem, I was more than a little offended. I'm sorry, I thought you loved me. WTF.

And now I get it. Our school thought they could have us without MK, which isn't possible. We will most definitely be sued if we do that, as it is against our contract. Our company sucks, and I 100% understand them not wanting to use them again, but they just went and did it without even bringing it to our attention. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. 

When we broke the news to our department head yesterday, let's call her Flo, that we couldn't legally work for Si Racha School anymore, you should have seen the look on her face. Pure devastation. They thought they had it all figured out. Let's ditch this annoying company and keep these amazing, awesome, wonderfully talented teachers. Well, that's a no-go.

How sad though. Turns out they really do love us. According to Flo, parents and students alike both really pushed for us to come back. Not just any foreign teachers. Us. How freaking sweet is that. Ummm, real freaking sweet. 

Not only do I love my job and my school and the people I work with on a daily basis, I feel that I have a responsibility to keep foreigners in that school. So, if they will stay with MK, I will come back next semester (don't worry mom, there is only like a 2% chance). I can't just leave these babies out to dry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment