I can only hope I would be so blessed to have such a wonderful working environment again in my lifetime. HAH, yeah right. Things like this just don't come around twice. But you know, it's okay. That's part of what makes it so special.

The bathrooms were sooooo cool! We dug it (less so the next morning when there were bugs EVERYWHERE, but still, way cool).
How cute! I've never stayed at a place like this in Thailand. If I could have guessed anywhere in the world, I would have gone with Hawaii considering all the flowers and color combos.
They had a huge swimming pool, with silly little horse water spouts all around (the resort was actually a horse club as well. I was kind of excited about this, but absolutely no one else was interested, so riding wasn't in the cards) and a giant slide.
I really wanted to steal one of these guys and put it in my bag. You could see where I'd have trouble, but man, were these hammocks cool.
The start of the greatest biking adventure ever. We were cracking up watching them put two people on each, and they just looked at us like it was nothing. Even going so far as to say three is standard (which, it totally is here, but it still blows my mind).
See the tiered poles in the background? All part of a cultural dance they performed for us. It was so cool, and like nothing I've ever seen. Afterwards, they kept playing and we all danced.
I have raved enough this past month; you definitely get the idea. I'll leave you with a few pics and videos from our end-of-the-year overnight trip. That's all.

There were so many flowers and fruits I had never seen, and they were all so beautiful!
They had a huge swimming pool, with silly little horse water spouts all around (the resort was actually a horse club as well. I was kind of excited about this, but absolutely no one else was interested, so riding wasn't in the cards) and a giant slide. Did I swim? Absolutely not. Why? You had to have a bathing suit!!! I was soooo not expecting this. I mean, my blog isn't called Swimming with My Clothes On for nothing. It was a first for me, and only because it was at a resort. Also, maybe they distinguish between natural bodies of water and swimming pools. Not too sure... None of the Thai teachers had suits though, which made me feel better. I couldn't believe my short/t-shirt combo wasn't going to cut it.
However (you might want to brace yourself for this one), if you didn't think to bring a suit, no prob bob. You could rent one for a mere 100 baht/$3. RENT A BATHING SUIT!!!! And you're worried about me swimming in my clothes? Eewwwww.
Sunset on the top of a hill. There was a lot of room to roam around, it was such a nice and peaceful place.
I really wanted to steal one of these guys and put it in my bag. You could see where I'd have trouble, but man, were these hammocks cool.
The start of the greatest biking adventure ever. We were cracking up watching them put two people on each, and they just looked at us like it was nothing. Even going so far as to say three is standard (which, it totally is here, but it still blows my mind).
See the tiered poles in the background? All part of a cultural dance they performed for us. It was so cool, and like nothing I've ever seen. Afterwards, they kept playing and we all danced.







No comments:
Post a Comment