Monday, May 18, 2009

Not so PC, Not so PG

Thailand isn't either of these things and as a result, sometimes this blog won't be either. I want to give fair warning, as the content and style is very different than my blog in Korea. I really love it here, and I want to do it justice by writing honestly about the life. Things that might seem wrong or bad to us aren't always seen that way in Thailand. In some cases, I think we can be too close-minded, and in others, I think their actions are inexcusable. But, when I say "their" I really mean other westerners who perpetuate the lifestyle we view as inappropriate and immoral. These are only my opinions and ultimately they mean nothing, however, I do plan to write about things as I see them through my own eyes. So far, this has been extraordinarily different than my preconceived notions. I do not wish to offend in any way, rather to witness and document the experience with as little judgment as possible. In many ways, we live under the assumption that our way is best, and I no longer believe that to be so. It's best for us, so we do it and that's fine. The people here are happy, and they are doing what's best for them. We could learn a thing or two from this lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment