Sunday, May 17, 2009

My School

... is amazing. Unbelievable. I am so excited to work here (except for the fact there is no air con, it's absolutely perfect). It is really a self-sustaining village within itself with anything I could ever need related to the school available (*almost). Most importantly, it's big and beautiful. I am so excited for the change from Korea. There my entire school was on one floor of an office building. Here there are 4 apartment complex sized buildings just for teaching plus several other areas. In the next couple weeks I plan to take several pictures of the entire complex and the assemblies that take place with the students (there are over 2000 at the school), but for now here is a brief intro into my new life and job. I am soo excited!

This is a view from the second floor of one of the four school buildings where we teach. I will be spending a lot of my time in this building and the one you can see directly across the way. There are so many courtyards and beautiful areas to look at all day! If you can see to the left there is a dog lounging. This is such a common site here; they have stray dogs and cats absolutely everywhere you could imagine. Even in the temples and things in Bangkok they were all around us.

This is one of the classrooms we will be using. It looks so big to me now, but I'm sure with upwards of 60 students in a class, it will get pretty tight. I'm so excited to have all the light coming in the windows and being able to look out at green instead of concrete and city life.

Same place, but a view from the other direction.

This is the hallway; there are several classrooms similar to the one above on the right hand side. All of the rooms are numbered in Thai, so I will have to learn quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment