Sunday, May 17, 2009

My Apartment

I most definitely have a home away from home here. I was told several times how welcoming and friendly Thai people are, and how they would all treat me like family but I just couldn't quite grasp the magnitude of this statement. It is so wonderful to live here and be so welcomed by everyone. They are all so kind and so helpful and so interested. Anything I could ever need or want they are more than willing to provide for me. I have a lovely landlady who lives here and her daughter speaks a bit of English. The apartment appears to be brand new and my furnishings have never been used. It is nice, beautiful, modern, safe and well-located. I really couldn't ask for much more, but on top of all this, I have a top floor apartment with ocean views. Again, unbelievable. 

It's like I put my time in Korea and now I'm being paid off so well. But this scares me, because in no way did I put in enough time to deserve this lifestyle. I am going to enjoy it while it's here to say the least. Who knows when I will be so fantastically located in the future. I couldn't afford this view in America for anything right now. 

Can you read this? Right; no, me neither. This is what all the doors in our apartment and school look like, with the numbers written in Thai. It's a quick lesson in the importance of stepping out of the box and learning to read a bit of the language. My apartment is 517, pronounced five-one-seven, not five seventeen like I would have assumed. We were able to narrow it down by figuring out the symbol for 5, 1, and 0. Then I just started trying my key in different apartments until I found one that opened. An unexpected way to get into my apartment to say the least!

This might not look like so much to you, but to me it is absolute luxury compared to my Korean apartment and my Thai expectations. It is sooo clean, and I have a real bed, not just box springs! Fantastic.

I have a normal sized bed in this apartment and there is still room for me to put two or three more people on the floor. I am thrilled for the opportunity to house guests. If you want to come, there is plenty of room for you here!

My bathroom is huge. I love it.

It requires two separate photos. This was a completely unexpected bonus!

The view from my balcony after a storm. The rainy season is officially here, and this rain is no joke. If you look to the left over the water you can see an island. There are several things offshore I can get to with convenience from my town, Si Racha.

This is a community area down at the bottom of the apartment. Many times people will be sitting out and eating or organizing things. There is a laundry service and coin washing machines. Everything is so convenient.

No comments:

Post a Comment