I have a motorbike! Yesss!!! Absolute freedom is so nice. And a bit scary, haha. Driving here is so different than the states, although I will say amidst the chaos there is a definite system, as there was in Cambodia. Here, no matter if the road is one or two-way, it's two way for motorbikes. If you have a two-lane highway, it's actually three-and-a-half lanes. The two main lanes, the left hand shoulder and sometimes even the right. You have to know what's going on. On top of that, they drive on the left side of the road. Talk about an adjustment. And, there are roundabouts! Roundabouts!!!!
On Saturday we took a bus down to Pattaya and drove the motorbikes back to Si Racha (about 20 kilometers). I spent the rest of the afternoon/evening exploring new places and meeting new people, something I definitely could not have done so easily without the speed and convenience of the bike. Plus, it makes me more local so people are even more open to me now.
No comments:
Post a Comment