Monday, May 11, 2009

Amazing People

This was our last night of orientation. It is so great to be surrounded by happy people who are excited about life. The more I travel, the more interesting people I meet. I am working for a company that places people in Thai schools, and they had everyone come at the same time for orientation. It is such a great idea for them to do this for us. Not only do we gain a good grasp on the culture, food, language and what is expected of us, we also have the opportunity to meet several people who are living throughout the country. 

In the past two weeks, I have met some of the most amazing people I have ever known. In Korea, after several months I was able to establish a life surrounded by people I enjoyed, but it took so long and my friends were few and far between. Here it's so different. Almost everyone is here for the same reasons. People want to travel and learn about the culture and language. People are open to new experiences and willing to push boundaries. Having the opportunity to know these people from different backgrounds possessing different perspectives, yet have a similar idea of what's important in life right now is going to be fantastic for me. I am so excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment