Monday, May 11, 2009

Fun Pics

Miss Tiffany is the Drag Queen Annual Beauty Pageant in Thailand. Yes Dad, this is a man. Believe it. The lady boys are everywhere. It is unbelievable how much some of them look like women.

A view of the beach in Pattaya. This looks much prettier than it actually was, but it was very nice to relax for a bit on the (very small) beach.

Part of the patio at my apartment complex. I've certainly improved my living arrangement since Korea.

The view from my balcony. That's right, that's the ocean. It's only about a 10 minute walk from my apartment. Soo amazing.

This was the largest Buddha I have seen thus far in any country. It was magnificent and this photo doesn't do it justice at all. Each one of these toes is probably four feet tall and the Buddha stretched about 150 feet long!

The palaces and temples I saw in Bangkok outshone (shined??) every other temple or palace I have seen in Asia. They were 1000 times more amazing and truly breath taking
.
This was on Kao San Road and in this area they turned the street into a bar. Can you see the lady boys?

We were sitting by this stream in the park when this guy stuck his head out of the water. At first I thought it was a crocodile but we then realized it was some kind of lizard. We watched, mesmerized and slightly terrified, as he climbed out of the water with several people around. No one seemed to mind, and after watching for a bit we realized there were several in that area. I cannot imagine this as a regular occurrence, but it must be. It was unbelievable! And this was not zoomed in btw, we were actually this close to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment