Back in Texas, that's where it is. Damn.
Even though I celebrated half way across the world, sadly, for the second year in a row, this time was much better than the first go-round. For starters, it's warm here. The weather creates quite a distraction from the holiday hubbub I'm missing back home. Walking around in 80 degrees debating whether or not I'm heading to the beach just doesn't feel much like Thanksgiving. It's kind of great.
Also, this year I celebrated in good company. See below. Nice.
Lia, Rachel, Milan and I. Three Americans and a Czech celebrating Thanksgiving in Thailand. Not your typical feast, but it was a good one. We even went around the table and shared what we were thankful for; surprisingly, we all took that part seriously. It was very sweet.
And. We went all out on the meal: a fancy, schmancy steak dinner, baked potato, salad, mixed veggies and ice cream. Not too shabby at all.
No comments:
Post a Comment