I'm going to continue to be a negative nancy for a second here and tell you I wasn't impressed with how they deal with the sleeping individual during dinner. They gave no notification whatsoever. Don't get me wrong, I'm not crazy about being woken up, but it's certainly better than not knowing a meal has been offered at all. After my nap I had to ask people in my row, flag down a flight attendant and all in all make a big to-do out of the situation. After bringing the food she quickly proceeded to forget these interactions had occurred between us and didn't return for my plate for well over an hour. My recommendation to avoid this potentially annoying, hungercrazed situation is to hold off on sleep until after the food is served. You're welcome.
On the plus side, they provide delicious food that was actually prepared by someone (just a guess, but for argument's sake, believe me) and not taken out of the freezer and stuffed in a microwave like the good old American Carriers do it. The choices are presented on a lovely little menu, which didn't go unnoticed by me. They offer a blanket in a bag which is great if you are so inclined to take it with you on your way (smart choice). And, the kicker, this handy dandy (complimentary!) little travel bag equipped with night mask, socks, earplugs, and travel toothbrush/paste. Sweet deal. Now, I know many of you high rollers experience this on a regular basis en-route, but it was only the second time for me. It is the best. Why yes, I don't mind if I do put on this mask. And thank you so much; my feet were a little chilly. Now I can drown out these snoring goons with your complimentary earplugs. Just Lovely.
Wanted to help you out with a little visual so you could fully grasp the complimentary travel bag's sky high cool factor. And also, of course, it benefits us all to see how rockin' awesome I am when decked-out in the contents of this special take-away. That's right, cool points out the wazoo for me.

It's so small. You'd never guess everything it has to offer.

1. Socks!!!! And they're long! And fantastic when your feet have gone so numb from the low airplane temp you forgot you even had them.

2. (And what a 2 it is!) Face Mask! Earplugs! Portable toothbrush and toothpaste! Well done Etihad, well done.
No comments:
Post a Comment