Wednesday, December 23, 2009

To Me, Love Me. Merry Christmas!

This year my parents went all out and got me the most rockin' present ever: A roundtrip ticket to the destination of my choice!!! Click here for details of that amazing adventure.

Even so, I decided to snag a couple presents for myself this past week. Here's what Santa will be giving me come bright and early Friday morning (right before I head off to school. Ahem. Lame):

1. A onesie. Don't I know you're excited about this. I have been wanting one ever since I moved to Thailand. They are popular here and the Thai women wear them very stylishly (in my opinion, to each his own). I found one in the market and decided now was the time to take the plunge for ridiculous purchase number 1. I'm pretty happy about it.

YEAH! A onesie! Go ahead and make fun all you want, I'm well aware of my purchase. And I dig it!! 

A close up, so you could really get a feel for the material and the look. I mean, that's important stuff.

And here I have so cleverly combined gift one with gift two. Would you like some wine? Oh thank you; yes yes, I bought it in Thailand.

2. Wooden wine glasses. I think they are super cool and will be one of those souvenirs that are both useful and a happy reminder of good times in Thailand. I have never seen any like them before, and they will "Thai-up" any cabinet I put them in from here on out. The dark wood should blend in with my comfortable country themed decor ('tis the plan!); I can just see it now. Lookin' good.


In case you happen to find yourself out shopping one of these days and a thought pops into your head, Hey, it'd be great if I bought Jacqueline a Christmas present and spent all that time and money to have it shipped half way across the world. Yep, what a fantastic idea. I've compiled a Christmas list just for you.

Taaaaaa Daaaaaaaaa. Jackie Dean's 2k9 Thailand Christmas Wish List:

1. Cheese. What else is new.
2. Books. Books. Books. Books. Almost any genre, except none of this Twilight stuff.
3. A cute top or two. I managed to come all this way with nothing but ultra-casual wear.
4. Tortilla chips. 
5. A job position for when I return in March. This would be appreciated the most. Just sayin'.
6. Jack in the Box and/or Taco Bell. A little creativity would be required on your part, but I have faith in you! You, friend, are most definitely up for the challenge.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years everybody!!! I miss you all tons, and hope you have a fantastic holiday! Lots of love.

2 comments:

  1. Umm... I actually think your onesie is super cute (is something wrong with me??) What is your mailing address? It is looking like it may be harder and harder to meet up while I'm in Thailand, but jeebuz, I could bring you some cheese or tortilla chips for sure. What is the postal system like in Thailand? Could I mail you something from Bangkok? What type of cheese/tortilla chips becuase we only have a billion options here in Tejas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, no. i too, think it is awesome. i am not sure exactly what you're plans are in bkk, but i can easily come in friday the 8 after school and hang out with you guys that night if you're around. i couldn't get to chaing mai or samui for sure. let me know about the 8. and thanks so much for the cheese and chips offer! yes, you could mail from bkk pretty easily. i'll email you.

    ReplyDelete