Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Why So Small?!

This past week, we've noticed they tend to keep birds in spaces much much too small for them. 

Example 1:


We were stopped on the side of the road taking pictures, sort of waiting for someone to come out of the house and question us. Of course, they did. As a result, this is all I was able to take, but I think you get the point. I've since learned they keep them like this because they are fighters. Cock fighting is legal here if you have the right papers here from what I'm told. Not exactly sure what all that entails.

Example 2:


The manager of my apartment complex recently bought this bird. It is strange to see it in such a tiny cage. This week, they have started building a cage for it in the car port (which, I also find strange). As you can see from the top photo, it is quite a bit bigger than the current one, but it still seems much too small.

No comments:

Post a Comment