Since it's Thailand, and you never know, at first I assumed they literally wanted you to trek through the jungle, field, or whatever may be directly to the left or right to get to where you're going. Hey, it could happen. I have since realized they place signs hundreds of meters in front of the destination in order to give fair warning (as opposed to the US, where we see a left arrow, we turn left immediately). For us, it is consistently entertaining to see them, and they are all like this. I will definitely continue to update as I take more pics. There is ample opportunity.

We would sit here looking at the sign and trying to determine exactly how to find the zoo...

Ah hah, there's the turn. I mean, it's so obvious. Why didn't we realize?!
They also don't usually put kilometer indicators on their signs, which we are used to seeing. Without them, I automatically assume it's less than a kilometer (silly me). From here to the zoo it's at least another 5 kilometers. On our way to the firefly chalet, we took a left at the first sign thinking we'd arrive in less than 5 minutes. An hour later, we were so there. Pretty typical.
No comments:
Post a Comment