Travel Time, from apartment to bungalow: 10.5 hours
Woah, that seems like a lot. I'm talking from the second I set foot out of my door to the moment I checked into my accommodations. Actual time spent in route was a little bit less.
3 busses, 1 songtaew, 1 ferry, 1 car ride from a nice Thai family.
Bus 1 - Si Racha to Rayong. 80 baht. Something like 3 hours.
Bus 2 - Rayong to Chantaburi. 60 baht. 2 and a half hours.
Bus 3 - Chantaburi to Trat. 50 baht. 1 and a half hours.
Songtaew - Trat bus station to pier. 150 baht (usually 50 per person but I had to rent the whole thing). 40 minutes.
Ferry - 120 baht round-trip. 45 minutes.
I have to admit the actual travel time is now quite fuzzy in my memory, but this is my guess.
On the way home, we took a minivan directly from Koh Chang, as these ferries transport vehicles as well. Total travel time was 8 hours and 20 minutes. 400 baht after negotiation for the minivan. 30 baht bus ride from Pattaya to Si Racha.
On the way to Rayong, my first leg of the trip, something happened with a tire on the bus and we spent a good half hour waiting for that to be fixed.
Here you see my view from the bus at the repair shop. Not exactly what I wanted to see, but what could I do. Nothing.
Waiting for my bus to leave Rayong. This is a fairly typical look for a Thai bus station.
En route entertainment on these busses is not the best. I must have watched 10 minutes of this rediculousness before realizing it was photo-worthy. I try to always have my ipod fully charged, as you never know what you are going to get. This was actually preferred to the sometimes very loud screamer music they play. Other times it's Thai music videos.
No comments:
Post a Comment