Saturday I went eastward for the first time, and was basically in search of mountains. I wanted to see something new. I didn't know where I was going, but I knew west meant the sea, and I could always at least get there. I have yet to have any issues with the Thai people. Some will try to take me for my money because I'm a farang, but I have had no trouble spotting them thus far. I wandered into a neighborhood of sorts and met some great people. Not sure why, but they were concerned about me going into the mountains because of the "mountain people." I feel as though something was lost in translation, but no matter. Someone wanted to join me, so I obliged.
I followed a young man on his motorbike because his mother and neighbor were worried about me being a lone farang. It was fun. He had never been before either, so the temple we found and all the mountain unusualities (yes, I realize it's not a word) were new to him as well.

Completely unrelated, but they put these elephants up at my apartment the same day and I like them. The dog under the bench is owned by my landlady, and has the craziest eye and buck-teeth I have ever seen on a dog. She's nice though.

I stopped in this beautiful neighborhood to take some pics. The woman who owned this house came out and it was her son I followed into the mountains.

Their neighbor was very kind as well. She had 19 dogs!!! Crazy!!!

Some rooftops as seen from a buddha temple in the mountains.

Buddha Buddha. And Thai dragon. The dragons are very popular here. Usually colorful like this; I like them a lot. Much more interesting than the dark and drab colors on the Korean temples. Here it is all very bright and gold.

My city before the storm. I enjoy looking at all the houses amidst jungle like this.
No comments:
Post a Comment