I'm talking about none other than the most expensive coffee in the entire world, and it comes straight from Bali. In the US, up to $600 a pound. That's of course if you can even find it. Seriously. Expensive. Stuff.
Roastin away. Isn't it cool that this is how they do it? I don't know much about the coffee roasting process (or, I know nothing), but I assume it's not always done by hand. It was soothing to hear and watch.
I had it, and let me tell you it is D to the licious. One of the best, if not the absolute best cups of coffee to ever hit my mouth. I don't want to overwhelm you with the best after I've already given you the scariest, and will soon give you the most beautiful. So for now I'll stick to top five of all time. But................. okay I can't help myself. It was the best. No bitterness, nothing added, just perfect. If you stumble across some, pony up the dough and give it a try. It's worth at least knowing, especially if you are a coffee connoisseur. Starbucks ain't got nothing on this bitch.
I wish I could see your face as you take in what I'm about to tell you.
Meet the luwak. This strange little guy lives in Indonesia and enjoys eating cherries. Coffee bean-filled cherries, that is. Get my drift? Not only does he select nothing but the best for himself, the process of digestion chemically changes the make-up of the coffee bean, naturally elevating it to most delectably delectable in all the world. Yep, you have stomach acid to thank for that amazing cup o' jo.
Here's the luwak, going about his business, poo-ing out coffee beans left and right, and then along comes coffee farmer dude, following him around, picking up all the poo in sight. Go ahead, get a mental image.
And then they brush it off and we're foaming at the mouth to get a taste. I mean, people pay exorbitant amounts for this gem. I only paid $3. Bah hah hah. Okay, I won't rub it in too much. It's not as though there are any real winners in this situation. I can't deny I am the one who drank coffee that was poo-ed out of an animal. Mmmm mmm mmmmm.
Dang. What was I thinking?!
Part 2. The luwak continues.
I decided there was no better way to get a group of fifty 14-year-olds' attention than to talk about drinking coffee that came out the backside of an animal. What a success. They ate it up like you wouldn't believe. Oh no, teacher. That's disgusting! Ewwwwwwww. Covering their mouths with their hands, faces displaying shock and disgust.
Hahahahahaha, I loved every second.
Roastin away. Isn't it cool that this is how they do it? I don't know much about the coffee roasting process (or, I know nothing), but I assume it's not always done by hand. It was soothing to hear and watch.




No comments:
Post a Comment