Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sequence of Events

I can't possibly give you details on every amazing part of the trip to Bali, so instead I offer this sequence of events. If you have questions about something, I'd be happy to share the story.

Wednesday: Sleep in bus terminal. Sleep in airport. Freeze. 

Thursday: Fly to Bali. Get bamboozled by lack of airport transportation. Stupid expensive cabs. Ubud. Brata 1 guesthouse. Walk around town. Realize it's rainy season. Monkey forest. Eat my only Balinese meals. Delicious dessert.

Friday: White water rafting. So crazy beautiful you don't even know. Indescribable. No photos because of the water. Shame. Afternoon walk around the villages. Awesome.

Saturday: 25 km cycling tour. That's right, 25 km. And 3 more uphill. Hah. Amazing insight to the culture and community life. Loved this. Delicious food. Amazing views. Most expensive coffee in the world and hand rolled cigarettes at 8 am. 
Jacqueline = wired. Ouch, my body hurts. Relaxing massage.

Sunday: Sunrise volcano trek. Struggling to save my life. Jacqueline - 1. Mount Batur - 0. Hah. Stunning. Beautiful. Awe-inspiring. Exhausted. Nice massage. Herons. Burritos. In bed by 8:30.

Monday: Total relaxation poolside with Janet Evanovich. All day long. Wonderful.

Tuesday: Amed. Black sand beaches and snorkeling. Scary currents. Scary ships. Scary sand. Awesome snorkeling. 3 hour motorbike ride. Pouring rain. Balinese Kecak Fire Dance performance. So flippin cool. Loved it. 

Wednesday: Goodbye Bali. I'll miss you. Oh wait, I have to pay you to physically enter the terminal. Ngurah Airport - 1. Jacqueline - 0. Damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment