Moving right along... THIS THURSDAY I'M GOING TO BALI!!! FOR 6 DAYS!!!!! I recognize the all caps may be a bit overkill, but this is seriously exciting stuff. It will be the longest amount of time I have gotten to spend in an Asian country where I'm not living, and it's Bali. Sweet sauce.
I've been researching like crazy, and am happy to report there is a lot more than beautiful beaches for me on the island (not that there's anything wrong with that. please. bring on the beach). I can wake up at something crazy like 2 am and hike a volcano to watch the sunrise from the top of the crater. Done. I can snorkel in the coral reefs, go fishing in the rivers and eel fishing in the rice paddies (for some reason I am particularly excited about the fishing), see animals and plant life that have only existed so far for me on PlanetEarth, go white water rafting, take cooking classes and ride a bike through the rice fields and countryside, etc etc etc. And after all of that, I will of course park my white (soon to be tan) little butt on the beautiful sandy beaches with a book (not on Bali though, the Gilis). Done and done. I am so excited!!!
So far, I only know I'm going to start my trip in Ubud and likely base myself there for the majority of my stay (I recognize this city name means nothing to you, same for me 24 hours ago). Everything else I will figure out upon arrival. Hoo-rah.
No comments:
Post a Comment