Enter: The Wondergirls. Check. it. out.
The rice fields in Ubud. This is the kind of stuff I will be seeing on my cycling tour (if the cycling doesn't kill me first, of course.)
I bring this up because I am currently packing (for Bali. What What!) and I find myself dancing around the room to Nobody on repeat. Did I mention I have a fanny pack? I only say this to solidify the cool factor in question by my song choice.
And, a few hours later- Just imagine you've waited to read this part.... Well, I'm off to spend the night in the airport (a first) and head out bright and early at 6 a.m. Got my passport in my fanny, already on the hips and I'm ready to go. Don't get any dirty ideas you Aussies!!! --- As no Aussies actually read my blog, you can fully understand this statement by clicking here. Second paragraph, last line --- Catch ya' on the flip side; I'm Bali baby.
Here are a couple of stolen photos to hold you over until I have my own.
The rice fields in Ubud. This is the kind of stuff I will be seeing on my cycling tour (if the cycling doesn't kill me first, of course.)Mt. and Lake Batur (largest crater lake on Bali). See the volcano? Ahh-mazing. And it hasn't even erupted since 1994. Since the first known eruption in 1804, 22 more have been recorded. True story. Of all the things I'm worried about on Bali, maybe this is the most intimidating :). I am planning to be at the top of that sucker before sunrise. Hopefully I will have some vantage points as nice as this one coming back down. Apparently there are some villages on the lake where I can spend the night and do things like hot mud baths. 'Tis the plan.

No comments:
Post a Comment