Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Only 12:30 and What a Day.

I'll start off with the money shot, because no one likes a buried lead. But, to give it to you, I'm going to need you to prepare yourself. Sit down, take a deep breath. Are you ready????? 

Duh duh naahhhh......... I bought a Fanny Pack. 

No, your eyes are not deceiving you. A Fanny Pack.

I'll get back to that part of the story later, for now I have to tell you what led up to this most awesomely awesome, 1000-cool-points-worth purchase. 

This morning I saw my vacation plans nearly crash and burn right before my eyes. Don't jump to conclusions or anything, my plane ticket is bought. I'm going. But it did. not. go. well. The skinny: the director is paying for our faces and she wants to see them, even if there couldn't be less for us to do. So, we have to prance in every morning this week and sign our names in beautiful penmanship, and then we can prance right out. Well, we don't want to do that, because you know, like, I could be doing better things. 

We were only told of our vacation on Thursday, and this didn't give us much time to act. On Friday, Lia did the talking solo and convinced our direct boss that letting us go was the right thing to do. This is where I made my mistake. They are going to Cambodia, I'm going to Bali. I should have confirmed previously. Stupid, stupid me. Today, I went to make what I thought was going to be a smooth transition into fake signing my name away but what I got was a nightmare. Tons of Thais involved, sheets to fill out for the director, asking formal permission for my absence. No No NO NO NO. I wasn't going to do any of that. And I didn't, I walked away. 

But it sucks. We have to be so careful about these kinds of things, it is all about illusions here. We don't have a thing to do at school, and I thought we were set. Lia and Rachel are long gone now, with no papers or information about their leaving. But I'll have to deal with my part tomorrow. Ugggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh.

So anyways, rough early morning for me. By mid-morning things were looking up considerably. I mean, I bought a fanny pack. And, I find the idea so amusing I have been laughing about it, out loud, to myself, ever since. If you are sitting at home reading this and thinking, What's so funny? I have a fanny pack, and I really like it. It's incredibly useful. News flash. There are few things in life more un-cool than a fanny pack. Deal with it.

Lucky for you, I'm here to change all that. Fanny Packs are in. Go out and get you one. All the cool kids are doing it (and by that I mean me). I too, purchased this out of necessity. Bali is not a place to be leaving valuables in your room. I was thinking more along the lines of a mini-backpack, but it just turns out the fanny was a better option today. 

I considered showing off it's rockin' features, as I'm sure you're dying to see, but you'll just have to wait. I do promise to sport it in a majority of photos whilst in Bali, if that's any consolation.

No comments:

Post a Comment