And, it was actually very simple. I would highly recommend making an appointment if you were to find yourself in need of new visa pages from the US Embassy. This entitled me to skip in front of the 30 some-odd people forced to take a number and wait their turn, and hand over my information as I walked in the door. The process of reserving the timeslot was no trouble at all, and saved me at least a half hour today.
The Embassy is, to my great annoyance, open very rarely to begin with, offering hours of 7:30 a.m - 11 am and 1 - 2 pm. That didn't alot much time for my normal Thailand margin of error when it comes to this country's faulty bus system. Luckily, all was smooth sailing and I made it without a hitch, arriving just after 10:50. I would suggest staying the night before in Bangkok if that's possible, to make things easier on you in the morning. And definitely make sure it will be open on the day you choose, as it is so often not.
Second thing I accomplished in the big city was starting the process of fixing my camera. I should have it back in about week, which is excellent news. I could not, however, pay the people at the repair center directly, something I found rather irritating. I have to instead deposit money into an account once I have confirmation of the repair, then scan and email my receipt. Is this common procedure? I find it to be quite the unnecessary hassle.
No comments:
Post a Comment