Just a few pics of our time in this labyrinth of a city. Walking around, it was so hard to believe a place like this really existed. Very surreal, to say the least. I loved it. There is lots to tell, and I'll fill you in on all the fun stuff when I'm back stateside. T-minus 48 hours!


Almost all of the streets were very narrow, in between shops and buildings. I loved getting such a close-up view of all the old architecture and textures. For me, it was kinda the perfect way to get from point A to B.


Loved this. The photo isn't great, but little boy in sailor hat and his mother hanging out was a great Venice moment for me.


Inside the Doge's Palace. This was the only pic I took here, and I didn't take any of Piazza San Marco. These places really are too beautiful for pictures. It sounds weird, but it felt disrespectful to take them. So I didn't. There's no way I could have ever done it justice, you really just have to see it in person.

A view from our
vaporetto on the grand canal. Those buildings are Soooo old, AND sinking. Yet, still in use. I mean, how freakin' cool is that?!

Mom and I out and about on the vaporetto, first thing of our tired day. It was probably around 1:30. I couldn't get out of bed until after noon, just so exhausted.

On top of the Rialto Bridge, Venice's most famous. The interior is lined with dozens of shops. It's huge!

Hope you enjoyed! We certainly did. Venice is a keeper.
Hi again.
ReplyDeleteI forgot to say thanks the other day for your helpful reply and advice about Thailand, so sorry for the delay, and thanks!
Glad you're enjoying Italy.
No prob, glad it helped. I've since been to Chaing Mai, and I definitely recommend spending some of your time there. It was great. Very different than BKK, for sure. Hope you make it out there!
ReplyDelete