Saturday, March 13, 2010

Local Trains, Little Towns.

Chapter 1: Pisa-- "That Tower Sure Is A Leanin'"

We took our first day trip to Pisa. It was awesome. Loved the train ride through all the small mountain towns. Bright colors and pretty houses. And cheap, too. 

Loved so much more, but I'm just gonna leave you with some photos for now. I promised not to show incomplete blogs anymore, but I gotta do it here. There's so much to tell; it's all happening so fast. And all I've managed to get out is how the signs are difficult to understand, how I was sick as a dog on my first day, and how the Vatican wasn't my particular blend of choice. That just won't do. This is the most magical place on earth. Italia is my Disney Land, and it has exceeded every single extraordinarily high expectation I put on it. It's just that kind of place. I love it. Love it. So I wanted to show a little gratitude. The Tower was unbelievable in person. I've never seen a photo that made me think it would be beautiful, but it most definitely was. What a great little town, a great train ride, a perfect little day.

I'll get back and fill in the details of our trip when I can. But it's 10:30 and I can barely keep my eyes open. Time to catch some zzzzzs.

NOT fake. Mad props to my mom's photog skills. Love this.

All of the cathedrals have just blown us away with their beauty.

Woah!


Somewhere in the center of town, inside the walls. 

What a beautiful view from the bridge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment