Monday, August 31, 2009

SHUT. UP.

I am so unbelievably excited about my new Texas plans. 

ROADTRIP!!
 
Destination(s): 1. as many small-town authentic Texas eateries we can find and 2. state parks. Yes. All I want to do is eat my way through the great state of Texas, and I intend to do it whole-heartedly. I will fill up on as much BBQ, chopped beef sandwiches, potato salad, fried okra, chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and queso this girl can handle. Details as they come. 

Where, one might ask, do I find inspiration for such things? This journey began with an article in the traveling section of the NYTimes. Let me say, there are a lot of beautiful places in the world, but none more beautiful than America. None. And, of course, inside America, none more amazing than Texas. Well, these travelers didn't make it down that way, but that's okay; they had themselves a good little trip..

After reading this yesterday, and finding a picture of BBQ today, I knew it had to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment