Monday, August 31, 2009

Less About Thailand, More About Texas

... and what I've been missin! These past couple weeks it has become increasingly more difficult to stay away from the good ol' Lone Star State, and here a few of the reasons why:

1. My family and friends (duh!)

2. Texas BBQ. The real stuff. I need it.

3. Cheese. Gawd, how can these people live without cheese. It is the single most important ingredient in my diet, and I am going thru withdrawals (I accept this isn't healthy) 

4. Austin, and everything that goes along with that -- great music, hill country, lots of swimming, wacky golf, hippies, etc etc etc.

5. Use of the word y'all and southern drawls. I just can't find that here in Thailand.

6. TEX-MEX.

7. Football. is football is football. I don't want to have to say American football one single more time. I am soooo excited to be back home for football season 2k9. HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!

8. Being surrounded by people who understand when I make statements like "I want to die on Texas soil" and "I'm no damn yankee!" They just don't get it... seriously can you imagine, they think I am a yankee! No ma'am.

I will leave you with the wise words of Davy Crockett (and a big thank you to my mom for sending me a deck of playing cards inscribed with the following quote. They go EVERYWHERE with me), 
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas."

Less than 3 weeks!!!!!

And here, for your visual pleasure, are some photographs related to Texas. You are very welcome.







1 comment:

  1. I feel as if the photos you picked are EXACTLY what I think of Texas, well done friend, well done.

    ReplyDelete