Tuesday, August 25, 2009

An Aerobic Experience

It's been almost two months since my last go at weeknight aerobics, and it was definitely time to get back in the game. Woah, it was intense. I'm gonna go ahead and say with authority that several of the regulars didn't know what was going on most of the time this evening either. It was total chaos for me after about the first 20 minutes. Starting off strong, I was really wanting to get the crazies who didn't know what was up out of my line of vision, as they were distracting me and messing up my steps (which obvi would have been perfect had they not been there). These people looked like non-chalant chickens with their heads cut-off. Imagine it. They absolutely didn't know what was going on and were completely confused, but they weren't worried about it in the slightest. Sure, I'll just swing my arms around from left to right like a monkey and jump up and down, narrowly missing the people on either side of me. That's no problem. I don't need to know the actual steps. After silently cursing these people, I became one of them. I was the queen of the crazies. In my defense, I believe our aerobics instructor was either a) on speed or b) had at least 4 red bulls within the past hour. He was messing up the music and laughing and literally dancing around on stage while doing the steps. If I had to pick an animal to describe him, howler monkey is what first comes to mind. Richard Simmons on crack. There, that will suffice. So, it clearly wasn't my fault. But I embraced it baby. I didn't even pretend I knew what was happening up on that stage, I just kept moving and tried not to laugh.

All of this in a sea of yellow collared polo shirts as it was a Monday, the King's Day. During the week in Thailand, every day is representative of someone or something important in their culture, and they have a color-coded collared polo shirt to match. This dress-code trumps any set work attire you may have for the most part. If you are an employee of the most formal of formal companies, but come Monday you don (sp?) that yellow collared polo, you are A-okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment