We stayed Friday night in Bangkok in an ultra-touristy area (one I didn't care for before, and now hope to never go back). We were sitting at a bar having drinks with friends and a fight broke out between some Thais. Not sure what the 'victim' did to make his attackers so angry, but I'm willing to bet he lost his life over it. It was so disgusting to have to listen as he was screaming and crying, grabbing at the ground trying to keep them from taking him away from the street. The police came, and after that he stopped fighting them (we assume to attackers paid them off). The group drug him away and we have no idea to where or what. It was absolutely horrific to be around, literally making me ill. There were people all around snapping photos and watching. I cannot fathom how people are capable of witnessing things like that with interest, but apparently many are. I don't seem to be one of them. I am young for sure and have a lot of life left to see, but I have had a few experiences for someone my age. This one changed me. After seeing something like that you have to harden a bit, and I didn't like it. As much as I love Thailand, if I choose to stay here I have to be aware that things of this nature might happen. It's a harsh reality. And absolutely awful.
Okay, onto happier times (aka everything else)...
1. The Grand Palace
2. Koh Si Chang (yes, I know, I've been there lots)
Yea, we definitely thought we were going to crash. Even our boat captain is looking at this little guy like he's crazy. He honked him out of the way. Just barely missed. I'd say only by a couple of meters.
3. Bowling
Come on, you know that's awesome.
4. Bridge Bumpers (what would you call these guys?)
What I want to know is, where are these cars during the week. And where is all this money coming from?? I know this stuff isn't cheap.
3. Random Shots
Uggh. These people have little baggies of corn they practically put in your hand (actually, they do put them in your hand as you walk by) and then demand money if you drop the corn on the ground (which you will because they have so kindly opened the baggies for you). This time I thought I was being smart and kept my hands crossed. The woman in red actually placed an open bag on the fold of my arms and then held her hands up so as to not take it back. I placed it on the ground and walked away. They are serious.
No comments:
Post a Comment