In the last three weeks I've:
A) bought a car and cell phone. this puts me in the ranks of "real person" for the first time in 18 months. pretty exciting stuff.
B) landed a job. full-time substitute for the month of may, baby. that's right, be jealous. i'm a science teacher yo. truth: i am completely stoked on this opportunity and feel very strongly that it's the perfect position for me at this time. it's my ticket in the door, and i'm holding on tight.
and.....
C) gotten a dog!!! this is most definitely the chicken-winner-dinner on the list. i am trying super hard not to become one of those unbelievably annoying dog owners who can't talk about anything outside of their precious pooch, speaks to the pup in baby voices, and doesn't have any issues openly discussing his bathroom schedule, but it's becoming quite the challenge (trust me, i'm as shocked as you are). he's just so awesome i seriously can't help myself.
Meet McGee:

I mean, honestly, how could you not love him.
And with that, it's time for me to say goodbye. I've had an amazing time abroad and loved documenting the experience. But I don't have much to offer in the way of useful or interesting cultural information anymore. My life is turning into nothing more than family, dog, friends and job. And I couldn't be happier. It's time for me to be home, and now I'm gonna' get to it.
Sawat di kah, puan. ---AKA goodbye, friends.
i will miss your updates! :)
ReplyDelete