Monday, September 14, 2009

Fun Fun Weekend

First of all, let me say I know you're not going to get it and I'm okay with that. I don't imagine anyone ever understanding how awesome this is unless they've done it, but for me, it was so so awesome. Exactly what I needed to finish off the semester. Now I am rejuvenated and feel confident in my decision to come back and work for another four months. The reason for all of this: English Camp.

We had it our last weekend, and it gave us a chance to really get to know our kids. It was so telling of the culture, and I think you will see that in the photographs. Thailand is so different, but I feel very comfortable here. 

I took several videos of the weekend, all of which are much too large for the blog, so the few photos I have will have to do. The weekend was not really about the students speaking English, but more about getting everyone together and having fun. Definite success. 

Lia and I with a group of my kiddos before their talent show. They were hilarious. I was so impressed with all their abilities this weekend. They are such a talented bunch.

My teams flag. Who knows where they get this stuff, but trust me, this was all them...

Dancing Saturday night. This was one of my favorite parts because everyone was involved, even the Thai teachers. The kids absolutely loved seeing them all cut loose and dance. And, as you can see from this girl's shirt, it was really, really hot. We didn't care. 

Part of the talent show. Sexy. Sexy (they say things like that a lot).

Their interpretation of Laos and Laos culture. It was highly entertaining.

Preparing for the talent show. Oh my goodness these boys can play music. Do you see what their instruments are? A piece of cardboard, a broken desk, and a cowbell. A COWBELL. Their show was unbelievable, it was similar to a stomp. So, so cool.

Powdering the Thai teachers' faces. Fun stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment